Welcome to The Rising
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Most Liked Content

#504404 Open letter to clans who are closed/random retired lurkers

Posted by 🎩Desmonius Troyerus on 08 September 2015 - 05:06 PM

So far, 2015 has seen the reopening of TR, FSK, TMC, 'The', and also the relocation from RS3 to OSRS by Downfall (with others looking to make the switch also). There is currently talk of a possible reopening of TT, although that testing of the waters is still in its very early stages and it is considered unlikely to snowball into a genuine revival, but time will tell. It would be great to see TT reopen, but the same could be said of other clans, too.

If you think it's impractical to explore the reopening of your clan, you might be wrong - I know I was. I had to be talked into it and I truly did not believe that over 50 TR would return to the game for our reopening with even more on the way. It had been three years since closure and people had moved on/didn't think too highly of the game anymore, yet here we are. We have rekindled, reformed and we are very much enjoying being a part of the clan world again. You can do that, too.

As for the game itself, OSRS is doing very well 2.5 years in and is not the mere nostalgia trip that people feared it might be. There are now upwards of 45-50k people playing it at peak times on weekends (more than the dysfunctional RS3) and even more than that at some points of the year. The game is slowly but surely growing and attracting new players, even if it probably won't ever reach the 300k log-ins of times long since passed. Regardless, OSRS has plenty of longevity and is worth coming back for. It is also community driven in its updates, thus meaning Jagex can't break the game (again) due to all updates requiring a 75% approval rating in a poll in order to be passed.

Have you been playing MOBAs, the latest FPS games or even other MMOs in recent years? If so, it's understandable if you look at OSRS and see it as a dated game. It is, but was it ever about the game itself? If you were in a clan, chances are it was the camaraderie with your clan mates, the thrill of the hunt in the wilderness and competing with other clans that kept you playing for so long. Fact is, you can enjoy all of that again and more, just as we are. If you would like more information about the NMZ mini-game and how you can utilise it in order to get your clan leveled up again quickly, feel free to PM me on forums, on IRC or in-game.

If you decide to reassemble your clan, I guarantee that you will be able to potentially add x years of new chapters to your clan's history. If this letter even encourages the reopening of -1- clan that otherwise wouldn't have done so, I'll be very happy. Just remember: If TR did it, why can't you?

Hope to see you on the battlefield in the not-too-distant future. ##

http://oldschool.runescape.com/

• Teucrates, Pow, Icebear951 and 17 others like this

#544829 Downfall Vapes The Rising - Enemy at Membersgate

Posted by ApPaulling on 07 February 2016 - 04:06 AM

HTm4VAj.jpg

The Rising Starting: 28 people
Downfall Starting:     25 people

The Rising were on their daily patrol of the wilderness when they ran into Downfall. Considering the current circumstances, Downfall had no choice but to snipe. We responded by sending our best, while Downfall sent their whole clan.

5VZKdlb.jpg

The first 20 minutes was a full on assault. An assault on Downfall. This was our fight not only to win, but to dominate. After our piss showing the other night, it was our fight to show Downfall what we can when we do not prep.

T7bOvvE.png

jPa8zmw.png

Pretty sure Jirra cried the whole time. Pretty sure hes jealous of us. Here is a quote from Jirra himself while he is hanging out in our HQ.

512full-enemy-at-the-gates-screenshot.jp

Downfall knew they were in trouble so they retreated to Greater Demons to buy some time. During their regroup, Crest and friends went to Grand Exchange to stock on binds because they were pretty low.

lkoXcLT.png

From the looks of these pictures, we got smoked. Even the Germans think Downfall is a little much with their honest recollections of what really happened during todays fight..Unfortunately Downfall resorted to send their best to hunt down EX-Commander Kill Boy.

G91o3We.jpg

At that moment, The Rising started to drop options. Three hours passed and Downfall continued their constant snipe fest, and Kill Boy had enough along with the rest of us. We never let them get the best of us. There was no time that our worst was Downfall's best. There will be another day, and with that day there will be another battle.

The Rising Ending : 30 people
Downfall Ending:     41 people

Great Job with the Spam guys, great job switching audios and keeping motivated ------- onwards and upwards
  • Desmonius Troyerus, FaYe ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶, Philou and 14 others like this

#520653 Tr vs Downfall - This topic is Rated Arg!

Posted by ApPaulling on 19 November 2015 - 12:45 AM

CmgtZA7.jpg

After a night of debauchery at the Jolley Boarr Inn, we needed a bit of a pallet cleanser. Waking up with a drunken stupor, I still felt like I had a bit of liquid courage left in me. Wack Mehoff finally answered my call and massed up 10 people to hit the The Great Rune Reef. 

D1zO4ky.jpg

Once the Rune Rox were captured, we left the others shiprekt. Fortunately, we managed to conscript one of their men. Roughly twenty minutes passed, and our Other captain, Commodore Peter, set up a fight with Downfall. Thank you Downfall for having the cannonballs to fight us. Jiraa, this fight was for you, I know you want to mutiny, but we will not let you. Remember, if you mess with The Rising, you will walk the plank #

The Rising Starting Options : 81
Downfall Staring Options : 90

Our cutlasses were sharpened, our cannons were firing, and we prepared to board Downfall. Downfall were equally valiant and put up a hell of a skirmish. During the fight however, Captain GoChance released the Kraken at Great Demons. Our spirits were not diminished, because quite frankly, we keep our Rum how we keep our booty, Bountiful. The tide turned to favor downfall, but the Seas were on our side. Our moral did not damper, and once the other Pirate Marauders arrived, we decided to end our battle for now. Thank you for the fight Downfall.

p6T0tPx.png

MkmvVGH.png

BnkWT2J.png

The Rising Ending Options : 75
Downfall Ending Options : 105

You will remember the day, that you almost caught Captain Wack Sparrow and his men

#659626 The Rising Leadership: First month in the Ronin + Exodus Crashwar

Posted by Lovelost on 10 February 2017 - 10:33 AM

BiHPO5p.png
Runescape Clan Chat: TR chat | Home World: 314 | #the_rising on SwiftIRC

Starring:

aMJ8Lrs.gifCrest227

SzPKBd8.png

»Ben™

ceSbMQD.png

»Lovelost

RMPQSls.png

OQ0jvv5.gifPeteR

Qv3IGf6.png

OQ0jvv5.gif♥ Cembio ♥

YCREzHv.png

OQ0jvv5.gifGiggity

Aj514LA.png

• Mcribsandwch, Villu, Rendual and 10 others like this

#659809 The Rising catches Ronin on a 1vs1 | Day D

Posted by Gold Trustee on 11 February 2017 - 01:19 AM

BiHPO5p.png

Runescape Clan Chat: TR chat | Home World: 314 | #the_rising on SwiftIRC

So, i was chilling in Gold Trustee's Headquartes of SIS (Secret Intelligence Service). And sudently got private messaged by a innocent Ronin.

Started as a normal approach of a desperate Ronin Member and me as Leader of The Rising SIS went in for the kill.

7gcohi6.png

After alot of minutes talking with the mighty represent of Ronin Leadership we agreed on what should be leaked and after he tried to explain me how to take printscreens on cellphone. SIS did his final hit on this conversation.

TLDR:

CzEBDbO.png

kI3oqC3.png
(01:55:33) <@tango> !k Gold_Trustee
(01:55:33) * You were kicked from #Ronin by TaylorSwiftIRC (Requested)

Shoutouts:

- The Rising Secret Intelligence Service (pm me to join) (i expect to have my ts channel soon).

- Tango for the amazing support.

- pm me for your share of the 4m.

Ronin Members looking for a way out:

Gold_Trustee @ SwiftIRC | Gold Trustee @ TS3 | @ TR Chat in OSRS

• Joey, PeteR, Oh Its Lips and 9 others like this

#576431 [ Important ] Public Service Announcement

Posted by 🎩Desmonius Troyerus on 01 May 2016 - 01:11 PM

CWA

TR v FOP - 3-0

TR v Pirates - 3-0

TR v 'The' - 3-0

TR v BR - 3-0

TR v Ronin  - 1-2

TR v Poison - 3-0

TR v Exotic - 2-1

TR v Ronin - 2-1

TR v Ronin - 2-1

TR v VR - 0-3

TR v FOP - 3-0

TR v Poison - 3-0

PvP

TR v Exotic | Loss | Outnumbered, ended with less. SV sniped us throughout, too, but we perservered.

TR v Liths | Draw | They performed better for 3/4 of the fight, although we did rally well late on.

TR V Downfall - Draw | Easter Sunday, poor turnouts from both, but lulz and action were had.

TR v Exotic | Loss | Outnumbered, ended with less. Did well.

TR v Liths | Draw | The eb and flow swayed back and forth over the course of the 90 minutes, although Liths arguably finished stronger towards the end of the cap.

TR v Exotic | Won | Dominant performance, although we definitely should have pressured their main pile more.

TR v Downfalll | Loss | We were outperformed, outgunned and in parts outnumbered, although they didn't really need the numbers.

Fun events

TR v The Poo Clan & friends - Turned out to be just as many Ronin & Downfall than TPC, which actually increased the lulz.

TR v Paki & friends - They had good numbers, but a lack of people in audio prevented them from being able to use their numbers effectively.

Despite forecasts of doom and gloom six weeks ago when we lost a group of people, the results and performances actually improved to the point of it being difficult to deny that while our quantity went down, our quality went up. Nevertheless, we know we still have a long way to go before we reach our pre-EOC standard, let alone go beyond that, but all in due course. We knew that when we reopened 9 months ago that it would be difficult to catchup after 3 years out of the game and with only a small minority of us having accounts on OSRS. We're not far off the mark now in terms of levels, but our CWA quality is still far off from where we'd like it to be, but judging by the results, we are making progress. The humbling against VR was expected, although we did push them close in two rounds and the contrasts were clear to see, as well as beneficial to the project having seen them. CWA results aside, we didn't let our reduced numbers stop us from quenching our thirst for PvP action this past month and a bit, with 6 PvP fights in all (plus other PvP skirmishes). The results may have been a formality in some cases due to number deficits, but we still had fun, and the end of the day we came back to the game with PvP action and accolades in mind above all else. With that in mind, it's good to see the Downfall and Ronin beef ending given that we will now be able to pursue clean PvP fights with both clans.

Last but by no means least, we've had some "fun event wars" where competitive action was neither sought after or expected. TPC, judging by their recruitment model and sheer enthusiasm, could end up being somethng of a modern equivalent to Tunescape. Meanwhile, Paki could end up surprising people eventually if they keep leveling up and they start getting more of their recruits onto TS. Sometimes you can look beyond the small and often dysfunctional pond of RSC and still find plenty of enjoyment (heck, we even had a P2P PK trip with Wilderness Guardians recently). We'll be trying not to lose sight of that fact, even as we continue to progress.

Here's to the next month. ##

• Rob-, Metsamees0, Pikea33 and 10 others like this

#544830 Downfall Vapes The Rising - Enemy at Membersgate

Posted by Gold Trustee on 07 February 2016 - 04:09 AM

B850jBEIgAAKiNB.jpg

heres a selfie of me while tanking

• Monkey, Philou, Kempo and 10 others like this

#498888 [ Important ] Recruitment is currenty closed

Posted by 🎩Desmonius Troyerus on 23 August 2015 - 04:13 AM

Just a public announcement to provide due notice of the fact that applications to join TR are closed until further notice. If you have already posted an introduction, rest assured that you will still be processed accordingly and have nothing to worry about. If you haven't already intro'd before this point, you are no longer able to do so. Instead, it is recommended that you post a community introduction in the mean time. Not only would this be a good way of registering an early interest in joining for when clan introductions open again, but it would also be an appropriate way of introducing yourself to the community and to integrate with it in advance.

With over 50 ex-TR returning to the game for our reopening on July 4th, we have since grown to a total of 65 members & FAs, plus some intros yet to process who may or may become FAs in the near future. If one thing has remained consistent in the clan world since 2002, it's the fact that a large influx in a short space of time is harmful. We were just as mindful of this in the past as we are now in 2015. Fact is, a short-term surge in power does not translate into stability and progression in the medium-long term. If anything, it almost always results in the opposite.

There is also awareness of the current clan world landscape to take into account, too. It would be counter-productive to "outgrow" the mid-sized scene at this jucture. After all, our melee and styles levels are still far lower than other mid-sized clans, let alone in comparison to top clans. Of course, bridging the gap in levels isn't the only thing we need to work on. Due to the fact that over 80% of us had been away from the game for 3+ years up until a couple of months ago, we are still very much working on honing our mechanics and developing our quality. While we could have grown larger and proceeded to pursue fights with top clans, it simply would have been far too soon for us.

• *Jared*, Garnes™, Nebharperr and 10 others like this

#651094 NEW DIRECTION FOR TR

Posted by zan on 09 January 2017 - 04:16 AM

ATTENTION:

FEELING DISCRIMINATED?

UNFAIRLY STRIKED?

DO YOU FEEL ABUSED?

DECLINED FROM INTRO/FUTURE APPLICANT/FULL MEMBER APPLICANT?

DO YOU JUST FEEL LIKE TR OFFICIALS ARE AWFUL?

CONTACT THERISING HUMAN RESOURCES TO GET REPRESENTED AND A CLAIM FILED

100% SATISFACTORY

PVwOQPR.jpgVggEfzv.png

• Ben, Slimmy, Gold Trustee and 9 others like this

#630966 Jagex Plz! Zybez Plz!

Posted by Slimmy on 13 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

zvbJs6c.jpg

• Joey, Noble Inc, Fire Hawk154 and 8 others like this

#525721 Boomer's Tinder Adventures

Posted by Monkey on 12 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

XopEoAV.jpg

6wGu3dB.jpg

AuFuh2F.jpg

euvjX46.jpg

• Philou, Eric, Kill Boy and 9 others like this

#495685 The Rising v Forsaken [Wilderness]

Posted by Brazz on 14 August 2015 - 12:05 AM

They had a eos member calling for them cus their warlord had to go early LMFAO.

Rendual is in Forsaken, learn your facts man.

Huge respect for you right now TR, thought you would spread some propaganda shit on rsc like you trashed us or something but your telling it how it was. 

I was more then a little disappointed in our choices but thanks for the fight TR, was a lot of fun!

• Monkey, -Hs-, Pow and 9 others like this

#341153 Valerionice: The man behind the mask

Posted by Nimeton on 28 March 2011 - 03:29 AM

Before I get into the juicy information, I'd like to say one thing: I believe in the right to privacy, but I also believe in honesty. While doing this research, if I had found that Valerionice had been honest all along about his identity, I would have let this go and never bothered looking again. However, that is not the case. This individual deserves everything that is about to come his way for the pure idiocy he displayed and the manipulation he attempted to pull off. None of this information was obtained illegally. I managed to find everything with the help of a friend as a result of Valerionice's own stupidity and carelessness.

For quite some time, I have seen Valerionice's attention whoring antics and wondered one thing - what kind of decrepit individual is this desperate for attention?

I found out quite some time ago that Valerionice was very careless when registering to clan forums - he registered to at least three separate forums with a university e-mail address, and the admins of those forums had no problem supplying me with information.

Spoiler

Algonquin College sets up e-mail addresses with the first four letters of a student's last name and then a number. Someone whose last name is Smith would have the e-mail address Smit0001 or Smit0002, etc. This means that Valerionice's last name begins with the letters "Mogl." I contacted a friend of mine who knows another student of Algonquin College, and they were more than willing to look up Valerionice's real name from their e-mail address.

The results shocked me: Valerionice's real name is Valerio Moglie. That's right - Valerio. A boy's name.

I'll save you the time of looking up their Facebook and just give you a link - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=804922551

However, I'm sure there are those who would rather not click on a link from a guest, no matter how legitimate it may look. I don't blame you, and I applaud your cautiousness actually. However, I don't want you to miss out. Click the spoiler below for a picture.

Spoiler

Previously, I had always thought that "Valerionice" was meant to signify "Valery On Ice," but it seems that I and most others were wrong. "Valerionice" is "Valerio Nice."

Surely, some of you don't care and others don't believe me. That's fine. I had no reason to lie or fabricate any of this. There are also many people who have talked to Valerio on Teamspeak or Ventrilo, and they're probably skeptical as well because of his feminine voice. However, voices can be changed. Anyone can download a free voice changer called MorphVOX, which says in its description "MorphVOX® Junior is free voice changer software that will modify your voice to match your personality. You can sound like a man, woman, or little folk."

If you're going to lie, at least cover up your tracks.

tl;dr? Click the spoiler

Spoiler

Technically, this is just providing Valerionice with the attention that he so desperately wanted. However, it's pretty safe to say that being exposed as a complete liar and fake is not the kind of attention he wanted.

:)
  • Monkey, Yorick, Joey and 9 others like this

#653468 New Year New Warlord shits is getting so real. GET HYPE #NB2017

Posted by zan on 18 January 2017 - 02:58 AM

DUDE I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REAL LIFE TRAILER HOLY SHIT

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

FwgZmlk.jpg

• Thedynasty88, Slimmy, Remy and 7 others like this

#577757 Great Pull Guys!

Posted by ApPaulling on 04 May 2016 - 12:46 AM

• Desmonius Troyerus, Kempo, Metsamees0 and 8 others like this

#533461 EASY 10m/HR - Officials can confirm

Posted by Jeff on 07 January 2016 - 10:07 PM

get a job lol

• Pow, Kempo, Eric and 8 others like this

#529452 A Change Is Coming

Posted by Lovelost on 28 December 2015 - 03:38 AM

LJmmG5d.jpg

Gr3Gi4D.gif

• Philou, Kempo, Kill Boy and 8 others like this

#562255 Please pray for dragon warhammer drop

Posted by Cameron on 19 March 2016 - 05:20 AM

1 like = 1 pray

1 share = 10 pray

• sven, Monkey, Eric and 7 others like this

#529437 A Change Is Coming

Posted by ApPaulling on 28 December 2015 - 03:08 AM

LJmmG5d.jpg

• Philou, Pikea33, Joey and 7 others like this

#482214 About my perm ban for macroing

Posted by Monkey on 18 June 2015 - 01:56 PM

Thank you to everyone who helped me contact Jagex or offered to help me train. A very special thanks to the person who presented my case to the Jagex employee (even if they didn't believe me!). I'll leave their name out because I'm sure they don't want even more people saying "OMG I WAS WRONGFULLY BANNED PLS HALP". And, of course, thanks to the JMod himself. I know it's his job to do this, but every other JMod completely ignored me and just assumed that I was guilty.

I honestly can't believe this happened, even though I absolutely was not involved in botting. I know Jagex trusts their systems a lot and generally assumes everyone who is caught is guilty.

Well, sometimes those systems are wrong...

fdHWjZB.png

Again, thanks so much to everyone who helped and offered help.
  • Desmonius Troyerus, 1Mr Mage1, Pow and 7 others like this